Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Reflecting on Learning

My most passionate hope for my future as an early childhood professional and for the children and families I will work with is that I would be able to take everything I have learned and actually put it into practice.  I have learned so much about my own bias and misunderstandings.  I hope to promote awareness and equity in the classroom.  I also hope to create a classroom environment that accepts all families and cultures and celebrates them.  To all my colleagues, woo hoo we are almost at the end of this wonderful journey.  Thank you so much  for your insight, support, and encouragement.  It has been my pleasure to continue getting to know you.   

2 comments:

  1. I think that is my hope as well. I know so many classes before this program I wondered to myself will I ever be in a position where I am able to use this material. One thing I can say about this program is no matter what we decide to do in life this information is always useful. No matter what, we will always come in contact with people and people from different cultures. I enjoyed reading your blogs, they are always insightful. I would like to wish you the best as you continue your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Johan,
    It was great hearing your point of view on your post, I have learned so much. We have learned so much about the differences in people I believe that we have become better people and educators with what we have learned. Good Luck we are almost there!!!

    ReplyDelete