Friday, April 6, 2012

Jobs/Roles in the ECE Community-Internationally

One organization I found to be interesting is ICF International.  This organization works on different aspects of improvement with different governments and commercial clients.  They work on research and different ways to improve the quality of life for different people.   They work with early childhood education programs in India. They also work with K-12 and beyond.  I like the idea that they care about the whole child by providing for a child's entire education not just a portion of it.  Their goal is to improve the lives of people through education. http://www.icf.com/markets/education

I have always liked World Vision.  They are a Christian organization but they help all peoples regardless of religous affiliation, or culture.  World Vision targets communities that live in poverty and seeks to improve their lives through education, health, and any other means that would improve their lives.  World Vision currently has dolls that are sold in Target called Heart to Heart dolls in which the proceeds received go to the area that the doll is from. I think this is  a great way to encourage young girls to help communities and learn about communities in need around the world. 
http://www.worldvision.org

2 comments:

  1. Johan,

    I have supported World Vision for many years. I would love to volunteer with them and meet children I have sponsored. Thank you for your comments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Johan,

    I have never heard of ICF international. This organization sounds like a great place to work. I will definitely check their site out. Great post!!

    ReplyDelete